Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge: It's a girl Thing!

Happy Tuesday!  Did you have a good week?  Personally, life hasn't been easy lately. My family has been dealing with some issues, and just when I thought we were past the worst of it, I came home on Friday and my 15 year old Shih Tzu was sick, and because she has been very ill for the past 2 years, we had to make a VERY hard descison and put her down.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  We have had her since she was a puppy and she was one of the loves of our lives.  We are missing her very much!

On a better note, I have 3 weeks left till graduation. I can't believe I am going to be a nurse soon. Wow..what a ride it has been.  As school starts to slow down, I am hoping to have more time to do some stamping. I haven't colored a card in 3 weeks and I am starting to go through ink withdrawals LOL.

So, enough anout me, how about this weeks challenge....It's a Girls thing! We want to see your projects that involve girls!!!! For my card, I use a image from Saturated Canary, and combined it with some DP I had in my stash. This card is going to Abbey's Gymnastic coach as a thank you card.

Last weeks "April Showers" cards were super cute, and I managed to narrow the TOP 3 to:
Arbella:
MaryAnne:
Elizabeth:

Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3 banner on the right of my blog!


Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing "Girl"  Creations.


Peggy:
Kim:
Crizette:
Caroline:

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC111.....Have a great day and happy creating








9 comments:

Deanne Saunders said...

So sorry to hear about your doggie. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I'm thinking about you and your family.

Peggy said...

Kristen, I am so sorry. I know how hard this must be for everyone.
Great job with the card!

Basement Stamper said...

very cute card and so sorry to hear about your doggy, it's never easy to lose a pet. Hope you all are doing well.

Maria Matter said...

so sorry to hear about your little sweetheart Kristen!!
...but a big congrats on your upcoming graduation, I know it's been quite a journey for you! great job!!
Gorgeous DT creation this week too!
hugs & blessings

Suzanne J Dean said...

Awww hugs to you & so sorry to hear about your furbaby...it is so hard to lose a member of the family like that I know. Sure hope the skies get sunnier for you & all is well soon!

hugz,
Suzanne

Frances said...

Hi, Kristen, so sorry to hear about your loss, this month was not easy for me either. Congratulations on your graduation, I know you have been working hard to get there. lots of hugs, Frances.

Star said...

Hugs! So sorry about your furbaby... but congrats on your graduation! Thank you for the fun challenge. You and the DT did fabulous jobs on your cards!!

Jacq said...

Hi Kristen,
Sending Big Hugs your way...so sorry to hear about your Shih-Tzu, I lost my little gold and white Shih-Tzu Lacey many years ago but still miss her. Huge Congrats on your upcoming Graduation.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Loopylou. said...

kristen your card is beautiful but I am so sorry about your dog hun :( we lost ours in november, he 15 years oldand it was sooo sad.
Thankyou so much for popping in and playing along with us this week over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxxx