Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Don't Worry Be Happy!

 
           Happy Wednesday!!!!  I hope you are enjoying your week thus far.  Just remember, only two more days until the weekend (wink).  Not only are we half way through the week, but today is the start if a new challenge over at Stampotique Originals Designer Challenge blog. This weeks hostess is Claudine Criner and here is what she has to say about this weeks challenge.

"Most of us always create a New Year's Resolution and the beginning of the New Year.  For 2015 try your hand at making something with your New Year's Resolution in mind"

 This was a super fun challenge for me, as it got me thinking about 2015 and what my hopes were for the upcoming year, and while I did NOT make any new years resolutions (first time ever) I did come up with a couple things I would like to work on..........

  1.  Stop and smell the roses: I tend take on way more than I should and then completely stress myself out.  While I will continue my usual load, I have cut down a bit and decreased my class load from 3 classes a semester to two.  I think this will be a huge help, and will allow me more time to do things I enjoy.
  2.  Spread the love: The world tends to be a cruel place most days. People are stressed out, sick, fatigued and full of worries, so I have decided that each and every day I will ensure that I do at LEAST one nice thing for someone.  This one nice thing may be as simple as helping an elderly lady with her groceries at the store, sending a friend in need a card, or just smile at people and say Hi as they walk by.
  3. A better me: Most importantly, I am going to work on a better me. I am going to work on not letting little issues or negative people have an affect on my life.  My life is important and I will not allow what precious time I have in my life to be wasted on people or things that have a negative impact on my life. 
So, with these three things in mind, I made a card for this weeks challenge using Waving spotted monster.  He has adorable and happy written all over his face, don't ya think....LOL.... So, that is all I have for you today....Remember, Don't worry, Be happy!!!!

7 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

This is adorable, Kristen! Love how you popped the nose, and the happy colors. Happy New Year!

Kay Wallace said...

Three admirable goals for the new year, Kristen! And a beautiful piece of art here! Love the layering of your coordinated patterned papers! But, problem is, I will now have that song going round and round in my hear all day. But, then, it's a good message!

Claudine said...

This is wonderful, you have three great goals for the New Year, I love your creation!

Basement Stamper said...

card is cute, cute, cute. You do great stuff for people every day being a nurse! Call me crazy-I'm trying to no DC stuff again...day 1 here. Gotta start somewhere right?

Corrie Herriman said...

Great card, spotted monsters looks very cute in his pink attire !
Corrie x

Kaz said...

Gorgeous card Kristen, I like your resolutions a lot xx

Sam & Poppy said...

Just adore this :) x